Attracting Businesses and Talents
Hong Kong is one of the most competitive economies in the world and an important gateway connecting the Mainland with global markets. With liberal immigration policies, a vibrant cosmopolitan lifestyle and abundant opportunities for career advancement, Hong Kong offers attractive prospects for professionals and experts from around the world.
The Chief Executive’s 2022 Policy Address announced an array of fresh initiatives to attract enterprises, investment and talent to enhance the city’s competitiveness.
Attract Strategic Enterprises
- Establish the Office for Attracting Strategic Enterprises for attracting high-potential and representative strategic enterprises from around the globe.
- Set aside HK$30 billion from the Future Fund to establish the Co-Investment Fund to attract enterprises to Hong Kong and invest in them.
- Set up Dedicated Teams for Attracting Businesses and Talents in 17 Mainland Offices and overseas Economic and Trade Offices to proactively reach out to target enterprises and talent.
- Establish Talents Service Unit to formulate strategies to recruit talent from the Mainland and overseas and provide one-stop support for incoming talent.
- Launch the Top Talent Pass Scheme.
- Extend the limit of stay of employment visas.
- Refund extra stamp duty paid by eligible incoming talent to purchase residential property in Hong Kong, after gaining permanent residency.
Top Talent Pass Scheme
- Eligible talent will be issued a two-year pass to explore opportunities and work in Hong Kong.
- Eligible talent will include individuals whose annual salary reached HK$2.5 million or above in the past year and individuals graduated from the world's top 100 universities with at least three years of work experience over the past five years (no quota).
- Individuals who graduated from the world's top 100 universities in the past five years and yet to fulfil the work experience requirement will also be eligible, subject to an annual quota of 10,000.
For more information, please visit the websites of the Office for Attracting Strategic Enterprises and HK Talent Engage.